Newgen Software, a global provider of low code digital automation platform for managing content, processes, and communication has launched OmniScan 5.0 – an enhanced version of its advanced document scanning solution for high-volume document-handling environments.
OmniScan 5.0 boosts organizational effectiveness by accelerating the scanning, digitization, and delivery of documents. It can capture information from multiple sources, including physical documents and scanners. The solution extracts, analyses, classifies, and validates the captured content and delivers it to the intended recipients through integrations with applications like enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), and Microsoft SharePoint.
“This version of our scanning solution will help organizations streamline their document management processes and drive enterprise-wide digitization for better efficiency and enhanced customer experience,” said Diwakar Nigam, MD and Chairman, Newgen Software.
Key features of the new version include:
- Integration with Intelligent Document Classifier: Allows business to automatically classify documents based on structural and textual features
- PDF Integration: Enables the user to import, view, and navigate data and image PDFs in OmniScan.Also provides the option to archive PDFs usingNewgen’s ECM and BPM solutions
- Integration with Newgen’s record management system (RMS): Empowers the user to export records to Newgen’s RMS
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Language Configuration: Supports OCR extraction of data in multiple languages
- Data Masking: Allows the user to input data in specific formats, such as email, currency, dates, etc.
Newgen’s OmniScan 5.0 is an advanced and scalable document scanning solution for high volume production environments. It accelerates business processes by capturing data and transforming it into actionable business information.