With an aim to further enhance the TV viewing experience for its d2h customers, Dish TV India Limited, the world’s largest single-country DTH Company has launched a Skill for Amazon Alexa in India. Say, “Alexa, enable d2h” and start using the skill to explore a vast world of entertainment, discover movies, sports and music, using only your voice.
d2h skill will allow subscribers to use voice commands through Alexa to surf a wide range of content and get up-to-date information of their d2h account. With d2h skill, subscribers will be able to set reminders for their favorite programs, get recommendations on trending programs, access to d2h account details, register ‘call me’ request, do basic trouble shooting and lot more though Alexa enabled devices.
Highlighting benefits of d2h skill for Alexa, Mr. Anil Dua, Executive Director & Group CEO, Dish TV India Limited, said, “Voice enabled search and information access is the cutting edge of home entertainment today. We are excited to bring the convenience of voice control with Alexa for our d2h customers. This launch reaffirms our commitment of always offering the latest and the most relevant technology to our d2h customers to make their viewing experience world class.”
The d2h Alexa skill can be used by anyone with an Amazon Echo smart speaker or other devices such as headphones and speakers with Alexa built-in. The skill can also be accessed through the Alexa app available on iOS and Android. With more functionality and additional features in the pipeline, customers will be able to do much more through the d2h skill.
“Using voice commands with Alexa to access entertainment and control smart home is like a magical experience. Many customers share that they enjoy the simplicity and ease of getting all kinds of entertainment, from videos, music to games, by just asking Alexa” said Dilip R.S., Country Manager for Alexa Skills and Voice Services, Amazon India. “The television is usually the centerpiece of common areas at home where families come together. We are extremely happy to see Dish TV India embrace voice technology for enriching the TV viewing experience with the d2h Alexa skill”.
Furthermore, d2h subscribers can link their account and access information such as current balance, switch-off date and monthly recharge amount, using a selection of prompts to initiate the Alexa skill for d2h.
How it works:
- Users can enable the d2h skill using the Alexa app
- Users can then open the d2h skill for Alexa with a selection of prompts such as, “Alexa, launch d2h” or “Alexa, open d2h”
- D2h skill for Alexa will provide information and assist in searching a specific program on a channel, or programs of interest playing on d2h at a particular time
- Skill will provide recommendations on top movies, shows and sports by d2h
- Users can also add reminder for a favorite program just by asking for it.
- d2h subscribers can link their account with Alexa to access information such as balance, switch-off date, and monthly recharge amount
- d2h subscribers can also raise a call-me request through Alexa or do basic troubleshooting through the d2h skill.
Here are examples of the questions you can ask Alexa
- “Alexa, ask d2h what is playing on Zee Café?”
- “Alexa, ask d2h what time is “Modern Family” scheduled today?”
- “Alexa, ask d2h what are the top (movie/sports/tvshows) of the day?”
- “Alexa, ask d2h to remind me when FRIENDS is playing?”
- “Alexa, ask d2h what is my account balance?”
- “Alexa, ask d2h when do I need to recharge my account?”
- “Alexa, ask d2h to call me”