Knowledge, Information and Entertainment unlimited
British Council enhances online library offer for members
The British Council digital library has included a range of new online products like e-learning modules for self-development, comics for all ages and audiobooks for listening enthusiasts.
The online learning modules Atomic training provide opportunity to train on Microsoft skills, soft skills, programming aspects on certain softwareâ€™s like Photoshop, Adobe etc.
OneClick digital has more than 1000 unabridged audiobooks including Dr Who, Classics, Plays & Poetry and even Self Help.
Comic Plus – 7,000 graphic novels, comics and manga for kids from over 80 publishers catering to every age group and interest
The enhanced offer comes with 13 month validity on the membership if registered on or before 30 June.
The online library features also include:
- IndieFlix – Thousands of award-winning independent movies, short feature films and documentaries from all over the world are available. Members have unlimited access to thousands of free streaming film-festival hits.
- Zinio – A collection of international digital magazines with the same great articles, photos, and ads as the print version, but packed with the power and convenience of the digital form. Each issue is delivered to the desktop, for the reader to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
- Ebrary – More than 120,000 full text downloadable books for academic and research purposes from more than 450+ publishers. The complete database covers areas like Arts, Humanities, Engineering, IT & Computers, Management, Medical Sciences, English Language, Business Communication, Literature, Law, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
- Journals – 7000 full text e-journals for academic and research purposes across subjects including Engineering, IT & Computers, Management, Medical Sciences, English Language, Business Communication, Literature, Law, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
- Literature Online – Literature Online is a fully searchable library of over 350,000 full-text works of English literature including several literary databases of poetry, plays and fiction as well as general reference works and links to other Internet sites.
- Press Reader – over 4000 full text newspapers and periodicals from across the globe. It provides access to 580 UK newspaper and periodicals
Registrations can be done by logging on to www.library.britishcouncil.org.in. The username and password will be sentÂ within 48 hours of registration.
The above services are available on any computer with Internet access. It also works on handheld devices through the web browser.