Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced a new scale-out storage platform in the Middle East & North Africa to enable enterprises and cloud service providers (CSPs) to build their own Amazon-like cloud infrastructure for diverse virtualized workloads. The new platform forms the foundation for the industryâ€™s largest all-flash scale-out, with support for up to 160,000 VMs, 10 petabytes of capacity, and 6.4 million IOPS, for less than $1/GB. StorIT, the Specialist data management solutions distributor in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will be distributing the new platform along with Tintriâ€™s existing portfolio.
StorIT will also help Tintri to distribute nine new Tintri VMstore T5000 all flash models with capacity expansion capabilities, VM Scale-out software, Tintri Analytics for predictive capacity and performance planning, and two new Tintri Cloud offerings across the region. The simplicity of VAS enables organizations to scale from 17 TB to 10 PB with a common platform and less than one full time employee dedicated to storage management.
â€œScale is a defining characteristic of cloud. While many companies aspire to build cloud-scale infrastructures with agility and automation for diverse virtualized workloads, they are held back by conventional storage architecture thatâ€™s simply not designed to support those requirements,â€ said Ken Klein, Tintri Chairman and CEO. â€œCustomers have been forced to choose between limited scale-out that requires a large number of disks or expensive and inefficient scale-out, without the benefits of VM-level visibility, QoS and automation. With todayâ€™s announcement, enterprises and CSPs can scale far more effectivelyâ€”building their own Amazon-like cloud infrastructureâ€”with a VAS platform that allows for control, security, cost efficiency and simplicity.â€
Scale-out Storage Platform: Built on a VAS foundation for modern storage scale-out with the following characteristics:
- Federated pool of storage. The federated node design treats multiple Tintri VMstoresâ€”both all-flash and hybrid-flash nodesâ€”as a pool of storage, greatly simplifying management, planning and resource allocation.
- Scalability and performance. The storage platform is designed to scale to more than one million VMs. Separation of control flow from data flow ensures low latency and scalability to a very large number of storage nodes.
- Scale from small to very large with new and existing, all flash and hybrid, partially or fully populated systems.
- VM and software based. Based on software intelligence that delivers consistent performance for virtualized and cloud applications. It works across any standard high performance Ethernet network, eliminating the need for proprietary interconnects. The VM Scale-out software automatically provides best placement recommendation for VMs.
- Scale compute and storage independently. Loose coupling of storage and compute provides customers with maximum flexibility to scale these elements independently.