Aruna began her partnership with kitchen when she was about 15 years old. She started her journey in the kitchen with salads but her love for chocolates made her change paths, she since has been working hard towards achieving her dream of becoming a successful chef. Like every other newcomer she too is hoping to make it big by following her passion and doing what she loves the most.
Aruna is striving hard and believes that with cooking one needs talent, imagination, creativity and training. Food is her passion and is trying to look beyond the ephemeral experience of food by working and learning with Courtyard by Marriott Pune city center.
Mango & Nutella Bruschetta
Baguette â€“ 1No
Melted Dark Chocolate â€“ 500gms
Sugar Syrup â€“ 500ml
Chopped Mangoes â€“ 400gms
Nutella â€“ 200gms
- Slice the baguette into slant roundels
- Soak in sugar syrup for 2 mins & remove the bread slices & bake for 15 minutes till both the sides of the baguette slice turn brown
- Allow the slices to cool, then coat the slice with dark chocolate & keep them on butter paper till the chocolate hardens
- Apply Nutella over the slices & garnish with chopped mangoes
Lemon Curd Pavlova
Ingredients: For the Pavlova
Egg White â€“ 9Nos
Icing Sugar â€“ 175gms
Castor Sugar â€“ 375gms
Corn Flour â€“ 30gms
Ingredients: For the Lemon Curd
Butter â€“ 250 gms
Sugar â€“ 250gms
Lemon Juice â€“ 100ml
Egg Yolk â€“ 20Nos
Method: For the Pavlova
- In a completely dry bowl, add all ingredients and blend with a hand blender till stiff peaks appear.
- Lay butter paper on a baking tray & add a spoonful of the Pavlova mix on it.
- Then using a dry spoon, make a hollow using the rear of the spoon to make a cup like shape. Repeat the same for the whole mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 100ËšC. Bake the pavlovas at 100ËšC for 50 – 55 mins. After which the pavlovas will be hard on the outside & chewy on the inside.
- Set the Pavlova aside.
Method: Lemon Curd
- On a double boiler whisk the butter, sugar and egg yolk.
- Cook till it becomes thick, once done add lemon juice strain the mix to avoid lumps.
- Pipe lemon curd on the pavlova cups for garnish.
Rum Grilled Pineapple
Butter â€“ 100gms
Sugar â€“ 250gms
Water â€“ 50ml
Rum â€“ 2 tbsps.
Cinnamon Powder â€“ 1 pinch
Honey â€“ 100ml
Pineapple Rings â€“ 4 Nos.
- Combine butter, sugar, water, honey, rum, cinnamon powder & make a glaze. Place the pineapple in it and marinate for 2 hrs.
- Grill the pineapple for 2 mins in a griller till the glaze caramelizes.
- Once done drizzle the pineapples with the remaining glaze and add a scoop of ice-cream over it.
Cooking Cream â€“ 200ml
White Chocolate â€“ 500gms
Orange Zest â€“ 1 Orange
Orange Concentrate â€“ 1 tbsp.
Orange Food Coloring (Optional)
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Warm the cream in a sauce pan, add the orange zest & orange concentrate and mix well.
- Mix the white chocolate with the cream mixture.
- Add food coloring and mix well again till the color spreads evenly over the mixture.
- Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator for 60mins
- Take icing sugar in a bowl and make balls of the truffle mix and roll into the Icing sugar. Repeat with the whole mixture & enjoy.
Frozen Watermelon Yoghurt
Watermelon Juice â€“ 300ml
Hung Curd â€“ 500gms
Cooking Cream â€“ 300ml
Honey â€“ 4 tbsp.
Blend all the ingredients well together and set in the refrigerator to freeze for 5-6 hrs.