Itâ€™s back, itâ€™s back, itâ€™s backâ€¦the third edition of Gurgaonâ€™s biggest and most popular Food Awards -Â The Big F Awardsâ€ Gurgaon 2016Â conceived and organised byÂ Indian Food FreakÂ (www.indianfoodfreak.com)- has just been announced! This first of its kind â€œGurgaon-Centricâ€ food awards has established the benchmark for this millennium city as the most exciting food destination across Delhi-NCR. The audience food awards which are results of popular choice by the esteemed members of Indian Food Freak and its sister group Gurgaon Food Freak (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GurgaonFoodFreak/), will also have some of the luminaries of the food industry as the jury. The jury consists of acclaimed chefs,Â Kunal Kapoor,Â Chef Manjit Gill, andÂ Chef Saby Gorai; while the critics include food historian,Â Osama Jalali,Â well known criticÂ Rinku MadanÂ and the founder of The Big F Awards, Indian Food Freak and Gurgaon Food Freak,Â Pawan Soni.
Nominations are now open forÂ The Big F Awards, which will beÂ celebrating the experiences of eating out and cooking in!Â (Food Lovers). They will be saluting those who raise the standards in the culinary field!Â (Food Creators)Â besides also recognising the unsung marketersÂ who create big brands, all behind the scenesÂ (Marketing/Communications). All candidates can fill up the nomination forms put up on The Big F Awards microsite. The deadline for entries is the 10thÂ of May 2016. The Jury will shortlist upto 8 contenders for each category, and awards will be given in two categories:
- The nominated contenders will be put up on the web site,Â Indian Food Freak,Â as well as the FB group,Â Gurgaon Food Freak.
- For each category, general public will be invited to vote with only 1 vote allowed for every category.
- Public voting will end on 15th JulyÂ 2016. Any ties will remain so, and joint winners will be announced.
- The final winners will be vetted by the jury for the final selection.
- Jury will select their own winners in each category, with each jury member having one vote.
- Any ties will be decided after debate and discussions. There may be a joint award in case of no decision
Awards will be given out at a gala award ceremony at The Westin, Gurgaon, on the 4thÂ of August, 2016.
Pawan Soni, Founder and CEO of Indian Food Freak and The Big F Awards, throws further light on the awards,Â â€œIn our third edition, we are keen to raise the benchmarks and bring out the best that Gurgaon has to offer. There are new categories that have come up like Food Trucks, Online Food Portals, Home Bakers etc. In the past few years, Gurgaon has become a destination for food lovers, food creators as well as some of the best brands. It is truly a cosmopolitan city and this is reflected in the food choices and innovation that is happening in this industry. I am delighted that we can honour and support those who have worked in creating this distinction for Gurgaon.â€